Top 5 Reasons a Parish should Join the International Catholic Stewardship Council (ICSC)
1. ICSC membership provides parishes with access to a multitude of ways to more fully learn about and embrace stewardship as a way of life.
While the diocesan office of stewardship is a primary resource for parishes, just as reading one book on leadership does not make one an effective leader, it is limiting to have only one source of how to fully live the life of stewardship.
2. There are different learning styles and approaches to the same subject matter.
It is important for parishes to have hands-on access to various tested and successful resources, educational institutes, and spiritual retreats where they can learn about, teach, and embrace stewardship as a way of life.
3. Being a part of ICSC connects members to the larger Church, thus providing parish members the opportunity to witness the experiences and joys of others in living out a life of stewardship.
Further, with ever-expanding cultural diversity of our communities, especially, for example, the rapid growth of Hispanic parishioners, involvement in ICSC provides parishes with Spanish speakers, educational sessions in Spanish, and resources for Hispanic ministry. Resources are also available for other cultures and languages.
4. National conferences and programs offer opportunities to hear top-notch quality presentations by inspirational clergy, religious, and lay leaders in the field of stewardship as a way of life and its connection with evangelization.
ICSC conference programs provide parishes with a pool of experts to lead parish Lenten missions and other parish-wide retreats and events.
5. The parish, and therefore the diocese, benefit in the development of strong parish leaders and lay witnesses that help spread the message of stewardship as a way of life within individual parishes and throughout the diocese.
Stewardship is about living out our discipleship in Christ. Working together, pastors and diocesan stewardship staff can build a leadership team that inspires the entire community of believers.